I recently watched a free BPM seminar with Forrester's Connie Moore where the result from an online survey was presented. The question was "What do you see as the primary benefit of BPM efforts?"
- 24% said Increased productivity for process workers
- 18% said The ability to provide real-time visibility into key processes
- 15% said The ability to change processes quickly and easily
- 13% said The ability to model business processes
- 12% said Consistent process execution across business units or geographics
- 12% said Optimization of processes
- 4% said Decreased reliance on IT for supporting and changing processes
- 1% said The ability to test work for compliance and remediate problems
I think this result is just a way to appease the process workers who fear BPM. Name one capability of a BPMS that will increase the productivity directly of a process worker.